Monday, July 29, 2013

allow.

allow
allow
allow
the teacher said
i inhaled & i exhaled
i laid there with my body yoga'd
allow
allow
allow
i want to share
i want to allow
on my first day of 38, 83, 830
allowing the beauty
my birthed body
my belly skin hangs like a drape
my wrists that can hardly hold me up
my swollen knee
alllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww
that's all i can hear now
i might need you to repeat it for me
my incision is a bit lopsided
my marriage too
cutting & pasting a new priority list
collaging my way
sketching a map
dusting off a compass
turning my ear to the ground
cold, damp, essential
the recipe calls for
gently folding
the egg white of myself
into an old doughy story 
trusting the stainless steel bowl
turning under and over and
waiting for it to take
allowing for all of it

xxxx

1 comment: