Thursday, June 2, 2011

RM @ bini birth.







tis' rare that i cater & cook the love for more than a few... i am not very good at math and big pots that i can bathe in scare me ;) and then... there is the amazing ana markel, my sweet friend who is an incredible woman, renaissance mama, doula, birth movement inspirer and creator/owner of bini birth, a space for mamas, pregnant women, doulas, midwives, doctors, couples & anyone who wants to know anything about pregnancy, birth, love, family etc.. she is doing amazing things out of her magical loft in north hollywood; changing the ways women & society, view, experience & understand pregnancy, birth and post-partum.. bini also serves as a conceirge service for anything you need in your pregnancy and beyond... i feel honored to have her in my tribe.... i also love to feed her! on wednesday, june 1, a very special mexican midwife, naoli, was in town to teach a one day intensive & ana asked if i would create the lunch for 70 people! here is how it went....























i really loved feeding everyone there... the food was celebrated with love & gratitude. thank you to all the farmers growing the love that continues to inspire me! also - i could not have pulled this off without cheri, mclean & marrrria... and yes i have my oscar in hand. i hope this inspired you a bit...lets get that fancy pants feeling in your water, get out to the market, make something delish... and COME gather in my kitchen, i wanna see you...everything starts in the kitchen...xxxx

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Jules! I just got back from Italy yesterday or I would have been there. Baci a tutti, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing. Thank you for sharing your gift with us! I especially loved the strawberry pie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, I want to cook with you. And that post is making me hungry even with my bad cold. xo Wiloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules,
    Thank you so much for feeding us! Not only was the food some of the most amazing flavors to ever pass my lips, but the opportunity to sit with such beautiful women and enjoy a meal that was so obviously created with love was an experience I am so grateful to be a part of.
    You are truly amazing!
    Fliss

    ReplyDelete