Thursday, January 24, 2013

parsnips & prose.







in my own private heart 
there is a heart shaped door
it's actually a cookie cutter and the handle 
is in the middle like a cookie cutter
and i am inside

you can see me through the heart  
i'm in my red striped apron with a wooden spatula
i'm singing like beyonce - no- 
i'm singing like barbara streisand - no - 
i'm alicia keyes 
and i'm singing the new york song

i am roasting parsnips with garam masala 
and the tree house smells divine
i look down and i see that i have paws for feet
and i realize that i might be in a beatrix potter book 
so before i blink twice 
i want to bathe in this simplicity
i want to walk on my paws and pet my hairy self

i feel my face and finally 
i feel those whiskers i knew i was made of
i mean the leo thing everyone has always talked about
and my hair is finally standing up like the afro 
i have always wanted with no hair goop
i have the longest eye lashes 
my eye ball sockets are so much bigger than before

i look around my kitchen and everything is 
copper & wood
i have huge copper pots that make me salivate as a human
they hang from scalamandre fabric 
from the branch on my ceiling

it's really wonderful in here
it's grounded and feels like life
i mean the one you read about
the one life that fits so efficiently (like copper)
in my fantasy ball, just feels so 
good
warm
connected like abundance
with no guilt or heaviness

feels cozy like all the cashmere and its simple
did i say that already? 
i look at my hands, they are paws too
and nothing is inflamed
every finger is happy 
whistling while they work happy
that happy feeling people have told me is
lazy
unimportant
not doing anything in the world

that is not what's happening 
in my tree
in my kitchen
in my copper pots

feels like homeschooling and fabric napkins
the on-going fireplace
music you love
books you finish
it feels like time is 
normal here

i am happy as a lion in my kitchen

no worries about low oil in the car 
or the million dollars of debt

that doesn't exist here
there is no room for it
it's actually foreign
it's the language of aliens 
to this jungle 

and that could be genius for me
along with those parsnip fries
*15 minute genius exercise from my writing class*

parsnip fries

*gather*
olive oil
garam masala
cinnamon
(add more spices if desire)
good coarse salt
parsnips
big bowl
wood board
good knife
baking sheet
oven on 375 - 400 bake

*rock it*
peel parsnips
cut them like fries
2 - 3 wrist pours of olive oil
some dashes of spices
in your big bowl
massage the parsnips
love love love

add some salt
you can use casserole dish
or baking sheet with parchment paper
throw them on the sheet
put in oven for 20 - 30 minutes
if you feel that they are not crisp enough

you can broil them for a few minutes
do not leave them or they will burn
also - check in on them every 10 minutes

move them around
give them a chance 
to meet everyone on 
the baking sheet

eat and enjoy  
out of the oven

big love beauties
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Jules, Beautiful, Tousled Mama lioness; Wonderful to see your powerful goodness shining warmth light and joy in this venue. As if your delicious words weren't nourishment enough; you provide us with the recipes to feed our bellies, soothe our souls and inspire our own awakenings! Thank you, Jules! I love and appreciate you and all that you bring to the table. Love to hear your roar!((( : ) xoxo Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lezlie! so wonderful to read your words! thank you for this love and i am so happy to inspire YOU! sending you big love always xxxx

      Delete